New CD High Steppin' Available Everywhere July 17
by Grammy Nominated funk band
PRE-ORDER TODAY AND GET A FREE SONG DOWNLOAD
2015 Grammy Nomination
2014 Blues Blast Music Award Winner for Best Soul Blues Album
Our release Decisions by Bobby Rush with Blinddog Smokin’ (feat. Dr. John) took home the award for Best Soul Blues Album in the 2014 Blues Blast Music Awards on October 23, 2014.
Music Video Announcement with Legends Dr. John and Bobby Rush
Dr. John and Bobby Rush have teamed up with Blinddog Smokin' on song "Another Murder in New Orleans" and music video. Dr. John needs little introduction as a 6-time Grammy winner, Rock n' Roll Hall of Famer, and legendary New Orleans recording artist. Bobby Rush is an acclaimed Chitlin Circuit Blues artist with two Grammy nomination, Gold Certified Record, and multiple Blues Music Awards. This marks the first collaboration between the long-time friends.
Directed by: Jennifer DeLia / Produced by: Julie Pacino / Songwriters: Donald Markowitz and Carl Gustafson
Up From the Tracks
- 2015 Grammy nominee for Best Blues Album with Bobby Rush (feat. Dr. John)
- 2015 Blues Music Award nominee for Song of the Year ("Another Murder in New Orleans" written by Carl Gustafson, Donny Markowitz, performed by: Dr. John, Bobby Rush, Blinddog Smokin') and nominee for Best Soul Blues Album
- 2014 Blues Blast Music Award winner for Best Soul Blues Album
- Eight CDs and forty-one original songs since 1993
- Dubbed the Ultimate Road Warriors by Southland Blues Magazine
- Three times on the main stage at the King Biscuit Blues Festival
- Twice on the main stage at the Tulsa Blues Festival
- House band at the annual Snowy Range Blues Festival
- Cover of King Biscuit Time Magazine
- Cover of Southland Blues Magazine
- Cover of Southwest Blues Magazine
- Performed in ten countries and most states
- Once played over two thousand gigs in one decade
- Still touring by bus
- Recently released CD/DVD “Up From the Tracks” all original music
Grammy nominated Blinddog Smokin’, known for its intense presentation, dynamic volume swings, and humorous storytelling, brings anywhere from six to ten performers to its shows, and often features in addition, famous guest blues artists like Bobby Rush, Carl Weathersby, Sherman Robertson and Billy Branch. For several summers, award winning British sensation, Oli Brown toured with Blinddog. The big Blinddog bus has carried on tour such notables as Zora Young, Miss Blues, Aynsley Lister, and Holland’s Coen Wolters. The shows are innovative, always colorful, and often dramatic, and in one night may feature many configurations, looks, and song styles.
The Blinddog website will be expanding and changing over the next days and weeks, so stay tuned for many new photos, lots of history, new merchandise, bios, videos, music, history, tour information, and stories.
Current members and years in the band: Carl Gustafson, vocals/harmonica, 18 years; Chicago Chuck Gullens, drums/vocals, 18 years; Roland Bacon a.k.a. Junior Bacon, bass/vocals, 12 years; Mo Beeks, Keys/vocals, 6 years; Chris White, backup vocals, 5 years; Chalo Ortiz, guitar, 2 years; Linda Gustafson, backup vocals 2years.